Traditionally, helmets are designed, tested and certified for liner forces only, leaving a blind spot in modern helmet design: the sharp twisting of the brain during oblique impacts.
The SHK-1 helmet utilizes a unique pad system with Shield-X Brainshield® comprised of a patented micro-engineered film with a gel in-between the two silicone layers, allowing for the pads to shear upon any angled or oblique impacts, which means less force on your brain when an accident happens.
The Replacement Pad Set features:
- 5-piece replacement pad includes:
- 3 Shield-X® silicone shearing pads (pictured above)
- 1 brow pad and 1 rear pad — to absorb sweat and provide extra comfort
- Patented micro-engineered film with a gel in-between the two silicone layers
- Shield-X® silicone shearing pads — that allows for rotational energy absorption upon oblique impacts
- Finished with silver antimicrobial fiber — to reduce bacteria growth
- Hand wash and air dry.